Saturday, February 10, 2018

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan: A Novel

"Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See

Reading "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" felt as if I was in a special chamber where I heard, felt, saw, smelled and learned from the characters. What wonderful character development.

I can honestly say that I have never read a book that has made me feel engulfed and happily so. Through the wonders of life to the sadness of illness and death, I was there. Lily and Snow Flower's friendship teaches us how to treat or not treat each other, how to enjoy life and also learn how to survive life's hiccups.

This historical fiction teaches us how life was in the 1800s in China. As I read it, I couldn't help think about how life was here and how tradition really is what paves our lives.

"Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" is one of my FAVORITE books. I read a library copy but will be picking up a copy for my personal bookcase. I have to. I know I will read it over and over.

Pick up a copy for yourself and enter a world you may not have ever heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment